The Chapel of the Holy Cross
The Chapel of the Holy Cross is rated as the #1 attraction in Sedona. It was initially conceived by a local rancher and sculpture to be built in Hungary in 1932 and designed by Lloyd Wright — son of Frank Lloyd Wright. As WWII interfered with those plans, the project was relocated to Sedona with the help of Senator Barry Goldwater. The construction took place between 1954 and 1956. It currently receives about 3 million visitors annually from all over the world.